Saturday 3 November 2012

Momma I'm a Lion...RAWR!!!

I decided this year that we would do a theme costume as it would probably be the only year that I could choose something for Kyler without him putting up much of a fuss. So I started thinking about what kind of costume theme I could do with 1 girl and 3 boys and Wizard of Oz came to mind. I convinced Brendan that he was going to dress up (which was the hardest part) and started creating costumes. I started off by finding a Lion costume for Kyler at a garage sale. Next I found a plaid shirt and jean overalls that would fit Deagan. Which I then stitched on different length yarn around the wrists and ankles and put patches on the overalls. We then found a hat and stitched yarn around the edge of that as well. My costume was created using a checkered twin sheet, blouse and my old wedding shoes (which I hated wearing because they didn't fit right). I spray painted my shoes red and while they were still tacky I added red glitter to them. Lastly there was Brendan costume which consisted of a funnel, ducting, a box, aluminum foil, and a whole bunch of duct tape. I didn't use a pattern for any of them I just started creating and I think they turned out pretty good. We had lots of people stop and compliment us on our costumes while we were trick-or-treating at the mall and our local cable station stopped us and took pictures of the boys. Hope everyone else had a Happy Halloween and thanks for reading :D

No comments:

Post a Comment